Today sucked. It was one of those days where nothing goes right.
First, I was tired. But that’s nothing new.
Second, my nanny couldn’t come as early as I’d hoped, so I couldn’t get as much done for work as I wanted to.
Next, I spent too much time figuring out exactly what to spend my $250 BabyGAP card on only to discover that the damned card can’t be used online!
Then, I got a call from our real estate agent that an offer we made on a new house* wouldn’t even be considered because it was contingent.
Finally, Nate got sick and projectile vomited on me. About 5 times.
* We completely and unintentionally came across a gorgeous house near where our first home was. It is a great price, and 1,000 square feet bigger than our current home. It has 5 bedrooms and 2.75 bathrooms, skylights, a fireplace, balcony, etc, etc. It’s a beautiful home with a huge yard and just seems to be everything we’d like in a home. After viewing it twice, getting a mortgage pre-approval and several meetings with our real estate agent, we sent them an offer Saturday night.
Today, the listing agent called our agent to apologize… he KNEW our offer was going to be contingent and THOUGHT that was fine, but it turns out that the builder/seller won’t even LOOK at contingent offers!
Our offer had abump clause, so it’s not like they couldn’t sell it to someone else if a better buyer came along, and the house has been on the market a while, so it’s not like there’s any bidding wars going on. The seller was considering renting the houses out because sales are so slow, so you think they’d be thrilled to have an offer, but I guess not.
I called the bank to see what it would be if we refinanced our current house, used the equity to buy the new house, then rented out our old house, but that is a scary thoughts. First, I don’t know if we could rent it for enough to break even and second, what if we had a renter who didn’t pay or something?
I am so bummed. I have been so excited about this house and it all just went to shit in an instant.
In other news, Ace had his evaluation last week and the OT said he has “low registration”. I am waiting for the report to get more info on what these means.